I make money and learn with three things. I go through every domain auction house and scan names. I go through all the sales of the previous day here. And I follow the portfolios of domain investors I respect. One of those is Rick Schwartz. Here are ten things I found interesting about his portfolio and his recent aquisitions
1. He is buying gTLDs in big numbers. Rick bought hundreds of domain in gTLDs such as .bargains, .watch, .vacations, .center, .systems, .photo, .tips, .management, .contractors, .limo, .support, .directory, .graphics, .ninja, .construction, .florist, .domains, .lighting, .repair, .recipes, .institute, and many more.
2. When Rick registers new gTLDs he tend to stick to common keywords to the left and register those keywords in multiple new gTLDs. For instance he registered the following keywords in multiple gTLDS. Bargain, ASAP, 24hour, action, crappy, bullshit, cheapest, fastest, fabulous, greatest (lots of these), lousy, ripoff, scam. You get the point. It also shows he likes the negative domains.
3. He is REALLY into custom made things. In 2014 Rick went on a custommadeFILLINPRODUCTHERE.com hand registration kick. Lots of them. In a world of mass produced it makes sense
4. He felt pretty confident that Justin Bieber was going down. He hand regged BieberDeath.com BeiberCrash.com, BeiberRehab, and BeiberTrial and a few more.
5. There is a TON of meat still left to sell in his portfolio. Millions and millions of dollars left in sales. Ass.com, Bitch.com , Booty.com, Cheapest.com, Luv.com, SOB.com, Queen.com, Widgets.com, Dept.com, DelRay.com and I could go on for quite a while.
6. Rick owns dot Asia names. But only is name and nickname
7. He keeps most of his names parked at Voodoo. A few are at Domain Name Sales but less than 300
8. Early in 2015 Rick was looking for a new name for his show so he registered names including and related to. DomainInvestorConference.com, WorldDomainConference.com, GlobalDomainConference.com,
9. Rick is very concerned with the well being and rehab of cats. Because he hand regged PussyRehab.com
10. Rick is sitting on a goldmine of short numerics. He is going to kill it with these. 238.com, 239.com, 243.com, 346.com, 348.com, 750.com, 7500.com, 399.com, 1012.com, 1027.com, 1962.com, 8181.com, 969.com, 975.com, 977.com. And there are a BUNCH more.
There is a reason his name is the DomainKing. Self given or not, he got where he is by dabbling in a little bit of everything. He’s made millions selling keyword names and he will make millions selling numerics as well. He could very well make them in new gTLDs. To question his strategy now you would have to be blind to his past. And if he loses every penny in his new investments it won’t make a hill of beans.
All data found using DomainIQ