Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- PWX.com sold recently for 35,000 USD at Voove, vs 1,500 USD on 2006-10-16 at Afternic. Ahhhh, the days when you could buy an LLL.com for $1,500. Whois shows “Hangzhou Duomai E-Commerce Co.,Ltd” of China as the owner.
- BSH.com sold recently for 100,000 USD privately, vs 10,501 USD on 2011-02-14 at Sedo. New owner is under privacy protection, and the site simply says “Domain not active.” Lots of candidates for an upgrade: BSH-Group.com, BSHSpeedShop.com, BSHServices.com, BSH-TradeTools.com, and many, many more.
- J2M.com sold recently for 10,000 USD at Sedo, vs 400 USD on 2009-05-06 at NameJet. The current lander shows an asking price for $32,500.
- Missed.com sold recently for 6,000 USD at Flippa, 3,100 USD on 2013-08-14 at Sedo.
- AirConditioningRepair.com sold recently for 4,050 USD at GoDaddy, vs 2,200 USD on 2008-04-01 at Afternic.
- OrderSushi.com sold recently for 1,805 USD at Flippa, vs 140 USD on 2015-03-09 at NameJet.
- RealDomains.com sold recently for 2,128 USD at Sedo, vs 325 USD on 2015-02-25 at Flippa. So much better than fake domains……like a .biz or a .mobi.
- SpecialOffer.com sold for 18,100 USD on 2015-05-02 at Flippa, vs 35,000 USD on 2008-06-18 at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. The seller on Flippa confirmed they were the buyer at $35k back in 2008.
- MediaInfo.com sold for 7,520 USD on 2015-05-07 at Flippa, vs 10,100 USD on 2012-08-15 at DNArab/Flippa.
- AHUB.com sold for 2,213 USD on 2015-05-01 at GoDaddy, vs 2,650 USD on 2012-06-20 at NameJet.
- Depreciating.com sold for 750 USD on 2015-05-04 at NameJet, 2,091 USD on 2008-03-18 at Afternic. Insert your own domain value joke here…..
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.