Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- CoWorker.com sold for 27,500 USD on 2015-07-26 at Legal Brand Marketing / NameConnect, vs 5,100 USD on 2008-02-28 at Sedo. Picked up by entrepreneur Sam Marks of Florida, and you can see the placeholder below, highlighting the impending launch, “Tap into a community of awesome coworkers just like yourself, in your city and around the world.”
- XM.tv sold for 5,000 USD on 2015-07-24 at Sedo, vs 475 USD on 2011-03-24 at SnapNames.
- Catalyze.org sold for 3,000 USD on 2015-07-29 at BuyDomains, vs 140 USD on 2014-01-02 at GoDaddy.
- InterMarketing.com sold for 13,000 USD on 2015-07-23 at Sedo, vs 2,100 USD on 2010-04-28 at NameJet. An upgrade from the .co.uk, although unique sites are live at each domain. “We’re an award-winning and full service creative agency”
- GiftCard.net sold for 2,700 USD on 2015-07-27 at NameJet, vs 21,850 USD on 2011-08-31 at NameJet. It’s no secret that .net domains have taken a hit…..but not all of them have fallen by 90% like this one.
- CandyCompany.com sold for 2,433 USD on 2015-07-24 at NameJet, vs 6,800 USD on 2009-07-28 at NameJet.
- PICN.com sold for 1,405 USD on 2015-07-29 at NameJet, vs 3,900 USD on 2013-10-20 at Afternic.
- Costumed.com sold for 499 USD on 2015-07-27 at Flippa, vs 2,852 USD on 2014-06-18 at Sedo.
- Pizza.info sold for 3,182 USD on 2015-07-24 at Sedo, vs 6,180 USD on 2014-01-08 at Sedo. A 50% loss in a year (after commission) is no fun. The .info domains were hot for awhile.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.