- 3DWorld.com – Sold recently for $27,800 on Sedo, vs $4,311 in 2012 at NameJet. A nearly $20k profit after commission. Domain is parked and under privacy protection.
- 7Y.com – Sold recently for $26,000 on Sedo, vs $14,105 in 2008 at Sedo.
- PrintSolutions.de – Sold recently for $11,120 on Sedo, vs only $199 in 2008 at Sedo. Assuming 15% commissions, that’s a roughly 45x return. No site is live yet.
- Tier2.com – Sold recently for $2,100 on GoDaddy, vs $1,350 in 2011 at Sedo. A placeholder is live (below). Affiliated with UK-based Hakim Group, “Established in 2001, the Group’s core business activities remain within the optical industry, despite significant recent diversification.”
- PompanoBeachRealEstate.com – Sold recently for $2,423 at NameJet, vs $5,098 in 2012 at NameJet. A loss of over 50% after commissions. According to Whois, the name is now owned by a company with a SynergyTech.com email address, which is based in Saint Kitts and Nevis, and is affiliated with nearly 15,000 domains.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.