- ProjectGreenlight.com – Sold recently for $2,500 at GoDaddy, vs $103 in 2012 at GoDaddy. A nice return for the seller, but some $$ was left on the table when you’re selling to an HBO-affiliated venture. Project Greenlight was an HBO series back in 2001 – 2003, produced in part by Matt Damon and Ben Afffleck. It fizzled, but they’re now bringing it back, and the video on the site explains what they’re up to — giving budding movie directors an opportunity to create a feature film. I haven’t done a detailed review of the domain history, but it would appear the domain slipped through HBO’s fingers after they were using it back in the early 2000’s….only to pick it up again recently.
- ModernGardens.com – Sold recently for $2,100 at GoDaddy, vs $1,188 in 2006 at Afternic. Picked up by an individual in Nashville.
- MarketGain.com – Sold recently for $3,600 at Sedo, vs $271 in 2012 at GoDaddy. Owner under privacy protection.
- BQB.com – Sold recently for $12,525 at Sedo, vs $7,100 in 2007 at Sedo. Picked up by an individual in China.
- Impactful.com – Sold recently for $9,999 at Sedo, vs $3,000 in 2012 at Sedo. Owner under privacy protection.
No flops to be found this week……..instead, I’ll leave you with a picture from a run/hike yesterday. From the top of Hope Pass outside of Twin Lakes, Colorado last evening.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.