- ClosetSpace.com – Sold recently for $7,000 at GoDaddy, vs $2,799 last year at Sedo. No website is live yet, but the domain was picked up by Stylitics, “the largest digital closet platform on the web“. The company has received $3.2 million in funding, and the Stylitics.com screenshot is below. Other domains they own include DigitalClosets.com, TravelClosets.com, ClosetDNA.com and ConnectedCloset.com. “Plan and share outfits, get style advice, see what your friends are wearing, all from the smartest digital closet on the web.”
- EntrepreneurHandbook.com – Sold recently for $2,500 at GoDaddy, vs $435 last year at NameJet.
- BCRF.com – Sold recently for $2,000 at GoDaddy, vs $343 in 2008 at NameJet. Most commonly used to abbreviate ‘Breast Cancer Research Foundation’. Acquired by a doctor in Las Vegas.
- UKLand.com – Sold recently for $25,350 at Sedo, vs $3,405 in 2012 at GoDaddy. A nice $20k+ profit before commissions.
- DataCenter.com – Sold recently for $500,000 in a private transaction, vs $352,500 in 2011 at Sedo. Picked up by a company named XBT Holding Limited, and their placeholder is below. “XBT Holding Ltd. is a privately-owned global hosting, network solutions and web development provider founded in 2005, with offices in eight countries.” Their corporate site is smartly at XBT.com.
No flops to be found this week……
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.