Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- ArtCulture.com sold for 2,000 USD on 2015-08-24 at Flippa, vs 1,300 USD on 2015-06-17 at GoDaddy. About a $500 profit after commission, in just over two months. You can’t retire on it, but it’s a great percentage return if you can keep repeating it.
- 5844.net sold for 555 USD on 2015-08-26 at GoDaddy, vs 161 USD on 2014-08-26 at GoDaddy.
- CloudBrowser.com sold for 2,100 USD on 2015-08-21 at Flippa, vs 975 USD on 2014-11-28 at NameJet. Nearly a double after commission in less than a year. The domain is now available on Brand Bucket for $16,795.
- Graph.co sold for 1,526 USD on 2015-08-23 at GoDaddy, vs 10,000 USD on 2013-03-20 at Sedo, and
- Monday.co sold for 206 USD on 2015-08-24 at GoDaddy, vs 7,989 USD on 2006-03-07 at Sedo. I understand that some of the recent .co sales at GoDaddy didn’t close because the owner renewed; even though they didn’t close, the owner is sitting on large losses if they need to liquidate and sell to a domainer crowd.
- SUSD.com sold for 1,550 USD on 2015-08-24 at NameJet, vs 4,000 USD on 2010-09-16 at Afternic.
- SportsInjury.com sold for 5,999 USD on 2015-08-20 at NameJet, vs 11,152 USD on 2010-12-29 at NameJet. An injury for the seller’s bank account…..
I’ll leave you with another non-domaining picture….this from a run/hike this weekend on La Plata peak, near Independence Pass, east of Aspen. Beautiful day.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.