Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- Rosters.com sold for 20,000 USD on 2015-08-28 at Fabulous, vs 11,979 USD on 2007-04-18 at Moniker. The current owner has an iteam.network email address, and iteam.network site is a developed fantasy sport site…perhaps a rebrand or additional site is in the works.
- 238.net sold for 9,130 USD on 2015-09-02 at Sedo, vs 1,050 USD on 2011-01-25 at Sedo. Picked up by an individual in China.
- LMSN.com sold for 860 USD on 2015-09-01 at NameJet, vs 189 USD on 2013-06-14 at NameJet. 4x return in two years (before commission) sounds about right for many LLLL.com that I’ve seen.
- LuckyDomains.com sold for 2,100 USD on 2015-09-02 at Sedo, vs 529 USD on 2009-01-18 at SnapNames. I’d say that’s a lucky seller to get $2,100 for the domain, in my opinion.
- Find.info sold for 5,699 USD on 2015-08-29 at GoDaddy, vs 8,100 USD on 2013-11-24 at Afternic. Nearly a $3k loss after commission in two years. Appears to have been picked up by an individual that owns FindMyHosting.com
- OriginalIdeas.com sold for 1,313 USD on 2015-08-28 at GoDaddy, vs 2,700 USD on 2008-12-02 at Afternic.
- BOHH.com sold for 787 USD on 2015-09-03 at GoDaddy, vs 3,140 USD on 2013-01-09 at Sedo.
- J.ai sold for 1300 USD on 2015-08-31 at Flippa, vs 1,550 USD on 2010-04-07 at Sedo. The first of two single letter domains that were flops this week. AI = Anguilla
- K.vg sold for 1,100 USD on 2015-08-27 at Flippa, vs 1,399 USD on 2015-08-12 at Flippa. VG = British Virgin Islands
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.