Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- USA.io sold for 1,500 USD on 2015-07-30 at Flippa, vs 749 USD on 2015-06-26 at Sedo. A quickie – a double in a month, before commissions. The previous USA domain shown in NameBio was USA.wiki for $5,000 in January of this year….before then, it was USA.org for $56k in 2013.
- Grapes.org sold for 2,570 USD on 2015-08-03 at Flippa, vs 702 USD on 2015-02-26 at NameJet. Another quickie — less than a six month hold for 3x their acquisition price.
- VanillaSky.com sold for 7,544 USD on 2015-08-02 at BuyDomains, vs 691 USD on 2004-09-30 at SnapNames.
- LeapTech.com sold for 4,900 USD on 2015-07-31 at Sedo, vs 555 USD on 2012-07-07 at GoDaddy.
- ProfitClick.com sold for 4,677 USD on 2015-08-06 at BuyDomains, vs 640 USD on 2013-10-04 at GoDaddy.
- 47.org sold for 7,999 USD on 2015-07-31 at Sedo, vs 8,830 USD on 2010-11-16 at SnapNames. It’s not too often I see a NN.org. The previous one on NameBio was 75.org for $5,654 in 2013.
- Leads.pro sold for 1,888 USD on 2015-07-30 at Sedo, vs 2,500 USD on 2010-06-23 at Sedo. I didn’t even know .pro existed back in 2010.
- Beeing.com sold for 898 USD on 2015-08-04 at NameJet, vs 7,332 USD on 2007-11-26 at Afternic.
- Zellus.com sold for 866 USD on 2015-07-30 at GoDaddy, vs 5,000 USD on 2012-10-31 at Sedo.
- MRD.org sold for 730 USD on 2015-08-06 at NameJet, vs 760 USD on 2015-02-10 at GoDaddy. This one is a quickie too….a six month hold….but unlike a few of the quick flips above, the seller lost some money.
I’ll leave you today with a picture of a couple of my hiking companions yesterday, from near the top of Mount Massive here in Colorado, between Leadville and Aspen. The big daddy is in the center of the picture, with the baby near the upper right hand corner of the picture.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.