Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- DeskLine.com recently sold for 10,000 USD at Sedo, vs 379 USD on 2015-06-01 at NameJet. This is what we all dream of….pick up a name for a few hundred at NameJet, then an end user buys it a month later. Whois shows (a) the domain has a registration date of May 2015, and (b) the name is still in transfer. Based on screenshots that show the domain was developed, I’m guessing the buyer at $10k was the company that let it expire. A screenshot of a recent use is below.
- WIY.com recently sold for 16,800 USD at Sedo, vs 9,600 USD on 2014-07-03 at NameJet. This 75% return (before commission) in a year is a reflection of the state of the LLL.com market.
- GIFO.com recently sold for 9,250 USD at Sedo, vs 1,701 USD on 2011-05-15 at NameJet. Still in transfer at Sedo.
- XTHH.com recently sold for 1,525 USD at GoDaddy, vs 115 USD on 2014-06-19 at GoDaddy.
- CreditExperts.com recently sold for 9,999 USD at Sedo, vs 4,400 USD on 2012-10-17 at NameJet. The new owner has a ParkViewLegal.com email address, and they promote a credit repair service.
- DropCatcher.com recently sold for 5,000 USD at Flippa, vs 14,500 USD on 2007-11-06 at DRT Auction. Based on a quick look at Screenshots.com, this one never got developed.
- Party.info recently sold for 2,272 USD at Sedo, vs 7,500 USD on 2006-06-13 at Sedo.
- WheyProteinPowders.com recently sold for 214 USD at GoDaddy, vs 5,500 USD on 2011-01-12 at Sedo. Double whammy….long domains, and product domains…..both not so hot these days.
- 44220.com recently sold for 640 USD at NameJet, vs 1,222 USD last month at Sedo. This domain flipping stuff sure is easy; just buy numerics on one platform and flip them on another. Oh wait…….
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.