This post is being auto-published, so if you have any questions/comments, bear with the slow response……I’m playing in the mountains, trying to see how long I can last in this little adventure. Lots of time on the trail to think about domains……
- GermanFood.com – Sold recently for $5,000 at Flipps, vs $3,650 in March of this year at NameJet. A profitable quick flip. NameBio also shows it sold for $15,000 back in 2010, so this one qualifies as both a profitable flip to one prior owner and a massive flop to another prior owner.
- ZVY.com – Sold recently for $9,999 at Sedo, vs $3,502 in 2012 at NameJet. Ahhh…..the 2012 prices of LLL.com’s…..drop us a note if you want to sell your LLL.com for $3,502….we’ll buy it regardless of the letter combination.
- Taxu.com – Sold recently for $3,500 at NameJet, vs $1,410 last year at NameJet. New owner under privacy protection.
- MaxMoney.com – Sold recently for $9,900 at Sedo, vs $620 in 2008 at Sedo. An upgrade from the .my, which is the ccTLD for Malaysia. “Incorporated in the year 2001 with the VISION OF PROVIDING A HASSLE-FREE, CHEAP AND RELIABLE FUND REMITTANCE SERVICE TO ITS CUSTOMERS.”
- MusicStudio.com – Sold recently for $11,100 at NameJet, vs $30,000 in 2008 at T.R.A.F.F.I.C New York. Ouch! Over a $20k loss after commissions…..not to mention the opportunity cost of $30k over 6 years.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.