Here’s a little more industry hard love. I briefly talked about BrandBucket data the other day and someone mentioned why they thought they were going to have trouble in the future. I agree. I think the future presents some obstacles. I want to preface that I have enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone at Brandbucket. Margot has put together a great team. They were very kind and know their stuff. They certainly created and did a great job creating the first big brand market but in my opinion a few changes will be needed to stay relevant in the industry.
- Commission is too high Nobody is arguing a commission is due for bringing in a buyer. But now there are a ton of places that can do the exact same thing. Which is basically nothing except putting your name in their marketplace and using everyone’s traffic to find other people’s names. While I don’t know the ad spend I am pretty sure others are spending just as much if not more on advertising. Commission needs to be 20% or less on all names at all prices.
- Logo fees are silly. I heard they were reducing them but the reality is most people are not buying the name because of the logo. Its merely a place holder. Charging $100 or more for a logo upon sale is just a way to help a friend out who designs logos and needs to make money.
- It ………………takes………………………forever………………..to ………………….get……………………responses. They are perhaps the slowest response of anyone I’ve worked with in the industry. I joked one time they must work for the Network Solutions auth code team. Again, nice people but you don’t get the nice responses for days
- The method of choosing the names they accept is very random. There is zero method to their choosing. I sent in a list that had 5 names they had already accepted and they denied them. I realize they can’t accept all names and many of mine wouldn’t do well there. I feel like they are just liking or not liking off the top of their head. Just based on how someone feels that day and never more than one person looking at them.
- Squad Help is outspending them big time in marketing. I see them all over the tech sites and in ads. Undeveloped and BrandPa are taking huge bites out of their sales. Many of the names that would have gone to BrandBucket are now on all these other sites.
I think Brandbucket is doing just fine. They probably don’t need to do any improvements to make a millions dollars in 2019. I do think number will continue to decrease as people move their names to other brand sites or create their own with Efty. It will be interesting to see how they adjust to the new environment. Margot is certainly smart enough and the team talented enough to continue their dominance. But its going to take a commission reduction and a few other things to get their in my opinion. Here are today’s names. Make sure to click on the names to see the current price and to help DSAD keep on keeping on.
Quote of the Day: “There are 2 rules for success. 1. Never tell everything you know“: -Roger H. Lincoln
Domain of the Day: VirtualCash.comThere are lots of things that call themselves virtual cash but only one owns the domain
Namejet, Sedo, and other Names Up for Auction
Evaluate.org Dot org knocks it down in price but reserve is met at $200 so it won’t cost that much…..maybe
RUGD.com Going to market this as Rugged and spell it out each time
UCJC.com Met reserve at $100. I’d take it at $150
PerformancePowder.com Sounds like a Protein shake that I see the guys drinking at the gym
ICIM.com 1993 birthday. Pretty old LLLL.com
Bier.org Surprised there aren’t more bidders on this one. Bier as we all know is German for Beer. Figured out why not many bidders. This ends in a few weeks. Forgot to sort by end date
HelpMeStop.com Addiction specialist name. Sounds like a domain I’d see in a tv ad
AFGD.com 1999 Birthday American Federation of Gorgeous Dads
HomeBeerKit.com People love home brew. ProTip. Have a party and serve the bad batch at the end of the party
Godaddy Domains With Multiple Bids
Gundog.com Godaddy says this is the most valuable name on the list today
LifeMarketing.com Social media is all pretty much life marketing
Thumbo.com Anything phone or table related
UpSail.com Upgrade name for the .io and several other companies that share the name
YouChange.com You is the only one you can do anything about
ChicagoDoctor.com Vanity email or marketing name
VitalPure.com Important and good for you
Kick365.com Kickin it every day, all year
PersonalDoctor.com I remember when we all had one. Now its a cluster of randomness
FamilyDoctor.net I might like this one just as much and its a dot net
MiniMovies.com I like to call them shorts but I get it. Mini is cuter
PSGT.com Letters so great I’m thinking about getting back into the LLLL.com game
ClubPacific.com Upgrade name for several different organizations
GameHedge.com Don’t love it but I like pretty much every game name
38166.com The double 6 are bringing the bidders
eLip.com Elip or eLip? Either way its short and shouldn’t be misspelled
AKQP.com You don’t see these this high very often
Godaddy Domains With One Or No Bids
MindAlbum.com Similar to mind mapping. A form of a diary that traces your daily thoughts
GlowRun.com There are lots of night runs and other types of runs called color runs.
SafeAndWell.com What we all hope for each day
AnalRape.com Really Godaddy? And it has backlinks
YogaScene.com Blog or site about the worlds most popular sport
BrighterCapital.com We have lots of capital names coming through. This is one of my favorite in a while
GrowthTap.com Tap in to the growth
HashtagProperties.com Sell Twitter accounts
HighAffair.com Dispensary or canna shop name
UniqueGrowers.com Probably a canna name as well
BeachTrends.com Fashion site or fashion brand
FlyWink.com Not sure what to use it for but I liked the sound of it
FineHarbor.com Chinese restaurant
RoyalJane.com Sounds like a fashion brand to me
JuiceAndFood.com Tell exactly what you do in the name
The Rest of the Godaddy Names With Bids
QEIP.com’s put out a new Domain Newsletter yesterday in case you missed it. Sign up HERE