Listed below are updates to the top ten domain sales from a year ago, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. KK.com for $2,400,000
- No site resolves, but it’s still the traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 750,000.
2. Ride.com for $325,000
- Ridesharing. “RIDE offers a smart, reliable and stress-free way to travel daily, while connecting you to a community of neighbors and coworkers. RIDE is currently based in New York City, and is on beta.” Alexa rank near 850,000.
3. LSN.com for $100,000
- An upgrade from GoLSN.com, which is where this acquisition is redirected. LSN, as in Local Sales Network. “Post Free Classified Ads on LSN, the MidSouth’s marketplace.“
4. Couplet.com for $40,000
- No site resolves. Whois shows the current owner as Mark Monitor, one of the big privacy protection firms.
5. ClassicTrader.com for $39,150
- An upgrade from the hyphenated version: Classic-Trader.com. “On its website www.classic-trader.com the correspondent company Classic Trader (GmbH) provides the first international market place for the purchase and sale of classic vehicles on the internet.“
6. Web-Design.com for $38,402
- Redirects to CybernauticDesign.com, which….you guessed it…..does web design work. They’re based in Central Illinois, which is a virtual hotbed of domainers such as this guy and this guy.
7. BingeEatingDisorder.com for $30,000
- Owned and developed as an educational resource by pharmaceutical company Shire, a publicly traded company with market cap over $30 Billion.
8. HormoneTreatment.com for $29,000
- No site resolves. Whois shows a “Domain Holding, LLC” of Humble, Texas as the owner.
9. iMoving.com for $27,000
- No site resolves, and the owner is under privacy protection.
10. SmartInsurance.com for $26,325
- “Insure your car against the annoying and unsightly minor damage caused by everyday motoring, from as little as £8.24 per month.” Alexa rank near 5.8 million.