Listed below are updates to the top ten domain sales from a year ago, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Kosher.com for $200,000
- Forwards to AviGlatt.com, “The most delicious Kosher food; buy kosher groceries online and get it delivered anywhere!” Whois lists the owner as Eli Pearlman of Los Angeles.
2. Shen.com for $125,000
- Translates to “spirit” in Chinese? Domain doesn’t resolve, owned by an individual in China.
3. Tangerine.com for $100,000
- Upgrade from the .ca, which is where this domain is redirected. A bank. “Although Tangerine is a bank without branches, we are much more than a website on the Internet. Our presence is also established via mobile, at Café locations and through contact centres.”
4. QIKU.com for $80,000
- Per a rough translation from Chinese, “Odd Cool Network is a cool product exposure platform, where you can see the latest smart devices at home and abroad as well as the most detailed product description, you can share your thoughts, ideas and many geeks.” Alexa rank near 1.5 million.
5. Bike.net for $60,000
- Ownership under privacy protection, and a simple ‘coming soon’ lander is live.
6. Baristas.com for $45,000
- To be a social network for coffee drinkers? “Baristas.com connects you with other people who are just as passionate about their coffee as you are.” Owned by the folks behind CigarsDirect.com.
7. iGarden.com for $37,990
- English language domain name, but Chinese language website. Traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 1.2 million. “www.igarden.com online store – we expect to provide online shopping services in more than 200 metropolitan areas worldwide, online shopping, Taipei six hours of arrival, a full 24 hours of arrival in Taiwan, providing fashion, shoes, bags accessories, 3C, home“
8. APF.com for $35,000
- A huge upgrade from All-ProFasteners.com. Yes, that’s a hyphen. “All-Pro Fasteners, Inc. is a full-line, full-service fastener company that distributes a complete line of bolts, nuts, washers, screws and fastener related components throughout the United States.”
8. Ziyi.com for $35,000
- No site resolves. Owned by an individual in China.
10. CloudID.net for $28,750
- No site resolves. Owned by Intermedia.net, “We’re the world’s largest one-stop shop for cloud IT services and business applications.”