Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Autos.de for $166,800
- Domain is parked, and it’s owned by DAY Investments GmbH. According to a translation of their site at Day.eu, they own over 10,000 domains, including Charts.com, Fotos.de and WebDesign.de.
2. Maimaiche.com for $80,000
- No site resolves. Owned by an individual in China. I can’t figure out what the word(s) means.
3. Kalamata.com for $62,550
- An upgrade from KalamataCapital.com, and there are identical sites at each location. “Our mission is simple. We provide financing to small businesses to help them grow and create jobs.”
4. Lolly.com for $50,000
- No site resolves now; per Archive.org, the site was previously developed – “Lolly is the premium online loyalty programme that rewards you for taking part in your everyday online activities.” Alexa rank near 5 million.
5. 472.com for $43,700
- A for-sale page is live. Owned by an individual in China.
6. FreeHookups.com for $40,000
- They’re trying to offer exactly what their domain suggests, although the domain name “Tinder” sounds alot cooler. Traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 25,000. “Our intention is in our name Free Hookups! We are strongly dedicated to finding singles completely free hook ups and casual encounters!”
6. Suan.com for $40,000
- No site resolves. Owned by an individual in China.
8. RDH.com for $29,000
- An upgrade from RDHBE.com, which was an abbreviation for RDH Building Engineering Ltd. The current wholesale price of this domain isn’t far off from what this sold for a year ago. Alexa rank near 2.3 million.
9. 3DWorld.com for $27,800
- The domain is parked and under privacy protection.
10. RiverSoftware.com for $25,000
- Their need for the domain resulted from a rebrand from Triple Creek to River. “River is an award-winning social learning software that intelligently recommends and supports mentoring, coaching and learning relationships for your employees.” Alexa rank near 3.6 million.