Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. RentByOwner.com for $29,000
- Appears to want to go head-to-head with VRBO. “RentByOwner.com makes it easy to find and contact vacation rental owners from any mobile, tablet, or desktop device. Choose RentByOwner for Vacation Homes.” Traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 115,000. Whois shows the owner as development/monetization company LeftOfTheDot.com (no relation to RightOfTheDot.com).
2. OJR.org for $19,100
- As you can see below, OJR in this case is the abbreviation for the ‘Online Journalism Review’. “The Online Journalism Review is a project of USC Annenberg. We parse the future of news.” Alexa rank just over 500,000.
3. Batterie.fr for $19,040
- French for battery, and that’s what they sell. Alexa rank just under 2 million.
4. HASE.com for $17,851
- Domain is parked and under privacy protection.
5. Clio.com for $17,200
- An upgrade from GoClio.com. “Clio provides a full suite of web-based practice management tools targeted specifically at the administrative needs of sole practitioners and small firms.“
6. Bitok.com for $15,000
- A bitcoin and digital currency exchange, “ a fast, smart, simple and absolutely safe platform for buying, selling and trading digital currencies.” Alexa rank near 350,000.
6. Jafer.com for $15,000
- Domain is parked.
6. UltraFilms.com for $15,000
- Domain is under privacy protection and a DomainMarket.com lander resolves.
6. WoodenBlinds.co.uk for $15,000
- The simple lander say, “A website about the UK window blind market is on its way. Please check back here soon. “
10. PopularElectronics.com for $13,700
- An upgrade from PopularElect.com. Whois still shows Nokta as the owner, yet they sold the domain a year ago.