Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Xylem.com for $47,100
- An upgrade from XylemInc.com, which is where their acquisition is forwarded. “a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings”
2. BXE.com for $40,000
- An upgrade from BellatrixExploration.com. The $1.2 billion market cap company is publicly traded under the BXE symbol.
3. PremierOutlets.com for $26,000
- Parked domain. The owner has numerous other outlet domains, such as PremierOutletsOfGA.com, PremierOutletsOfGeorgia.com, PremierOutletsOfAugusta.com, and more.
4. Meifa.com for $25,655
- Parked domain, but it’s still the traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 2.5 million. It appears to be a first name and last name, but I can’t immediately find the $25k value in it?
5. PatriotSecurity.com for $25,000
- Parked domain. The owner has a few ‘Patriot’ domains such as PatriotHomeSecurity.com, PatriotService.com, PatriotHearth.com, and more.
6. MUI.com for $24,999
- Parked domain; buyer appears to be a domainer, as they own hundreds of domains with no apparent theme.
7. TeethInADay.com for $22,500
- The domain for “Smile Expressions Family Dentistry & Oral Surgery”, based in Mount Dora, Florida. Related domains they own include ImplantInADay.com, SEFamilyDental.com, FixedDentureImplants.com, and MountDoraDentists.net.
- Their logo is “Smile Expressions”, but SmileExpressions.com says the site is down for maintenance.
8. MesoLawyer.com for $21,000
- Owned by “LAW OFFICES OF NAPOLI BERN”, a mesothelioma and personal injury lawyer based in New York. It’s not often you see a .com sell for the $21k and the corresponding .org is available for reg fee (as of the time of publishing this).
9. Solutions4.com for $19,950
- “Our goal at Solutions4 is to provide individuals with the right tools to change their lives, their appearance and their overall health, all while under the care of their trusted medical provider.” SolutionsFor.com is an unrelated developed site, and SolutionsFour.com doesn’t resolve.
- Based on a quick Google search, it appears plenty of companies have “Solutions 4” in their name. The domain fails the radio test miserably, but it goes to show you can never tell what will happen when a motivated buyer wants to acquire a domain from an unmotivated seller.
10. Lakrits.se for $19,341
- “Licorice” in Swedish, which is exactly what this site is all about. Per Google Translate, “A quality licorice that is perfect for a good dinner at a nice glass of wine or when you just want to pamper yourself. Since we started in the summer of 2013, we have looked for the best ingredients in all over the world and worked to get our recipes perfect. We are humbled by the task and learn every day.“