Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- OAL.com sold for 33,000 USD on 2015-08-07 at NameJet, vs 19,999 USD on 2014-11-19 at Sedo. 50%+ returns (before commission) aren’t too shabby in less than a year. The current owner is HU WEISHENG of China; he owns over 27,000 domains, per Whois. We talked about him previously as the buyer of UPV.com and FCDO.com.
- WS.de sold for 16,644 USD on 2015-08-07 at Sedo, vs 5,750 USD on 2011-01-14 at Sedo.
- OEEK.com sold for 1,075 USD on 2015-08-10 at Flippa, vs 161 USD on 2012-08-12 at GoDaddy. This domain certainly doesn’t follow the China rules of no vowels.
- BuyProducts.com sold for 1640 USD on 2015-08-07 at Sedo, vs 725 USD on 2011-07-18 at NameJet.
- iBanks.com sold for 7877 USD on 2015-08-10 at GoDaddy, vs 38,000 USD on 2008-04-03 at Sedo. Current owner is a Justin Komhyr of Denver, per Whois. Based on a look back at Archive.org, it appears the domain was redirected to different bank sites in the past, including First Bank and Bank of America.
- LotteryGroup.com sold for 405 USD on 2015-08-12 at GoDaddy, vs 2,488 USD on 2011-12-14 at Afternic.
- Stiffies.com sold for 394 USD on 2015-08-12 at GoDaddy, vs 3,288 USD on 2014-05-28 at GoDaddy. Nearly a 90% loss.
- POD.org sold for 2,200 USD on 2015-08-11 at NameJet, vs 3,000 USD on 2011-04-11 at Sedo.
- IBK.org sold for 579 USD on 2015-08-06 at NameJet, vs 1,003 USD on 2015-04-06 at GoDaddy. A quick flip gone awry……losing nearly 50% in four months.
I’ll leave you today with a photo from a trail run/hike today in the Tenmile Range, outside of Breckenridge.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.