Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- Perfectha.com sold for 14,846 USD on 2015-07-16 at Sedo, vs 120 USD on 2015-04-15 at DropCatch. Nearly 125x before commission in three months. The buyer was Sinclair Pharma, and they have a skincare product of the same name. They have a live trademark for “PERFECTHA DERM”, and their placeholder site is below.
- Tie.com sold for 125,000 USD on 2015-07-19 at Heritage Auctions, vs 30,000 USD on 2006-06-20 at Sedo. Whois shows the new owner is Hexuan Cai of Vancouver, B.C.
- Appreciated.com sold for 5,702 USD on 2015-07-20 at NameJet, vs 1,799 USD on 2011-05-16 at NameJet. The domain has, well, appreciated in value.
- Tooting.com sold for 2,500 USD on 2015-07-23 at NameJet, vs 755 USD on 2013-02-12 at GoDaddy.
- Sighted.com sold for 1,800 USD on 2015-07-23 at Flippa, vs 654 USD on 2012-06-23 at NameJet.
- 9g.org sold for 1,600 USD on 2015-07-20 at NameJet, vs 848 USD on 2015-06-17 at 4.CN. Buy at 4.cn and sell it on Flippa? That’s the first time I’ve seen it.
- Remove.org sold for 1,310 USD on 2015-07-20 at Flippa, vs 3,101 USD on 2006-02-07 at SnapNames.
- StockPrices.net sold for 1,100 USD on 2015-07-23 at Flippa, vs 3,200 USD on 2009-09-02 at Afternic.
- CoolingSystem.com sold for 2,099 USD on 2015-07-23 at NameJet, vs 3,000 USD on 2006-11-25 at BuyDomains.
- Z8.org sold for 1,200 USD on 2015-07-17 at NameJet, vs 1,600 USD on 2015-06-26 at Sedo.
- T9.org sold for 1,000 USD on 2015-07-20 at NameJet, vs 897 USD on 2015-06-17 at 4.CN. Looks like a profit until you factor in those pesky commissions……
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.