- ArtShack.com sold for 3,750 USD recently at BuyDomains, vs 775 USD on 2006-04-20 at SnapNames. The new owner appears to be upgrading from ArtShackGifts.com, though no site is live yet at either domain.
- Legend.net sold for 13,000 USD recently at Sedo, vs 6,937 USD on 2011-05-06 at NameJet.
- TopReview.com sold for 10,000 USD recently at Flippa, vs 2,200 USD on 2011-01-15 at Sedo.
- MardiGras.net sold for 4,250 USD recently at Flippa, vs 2,450 USD on 2012-06-29 at NameJet.
- Lovz.com sold for 1,950 USD recently at Flippa, vs vs 1,100 USD on 2011-04-18 at Sedo.
- Ga.gs sold for 1,250 USD recently at Flippa, vs 350 USD on 2007-02-02 at Sedo. A site is up already, and they poke fun of Harrison Ford’s recent incident.
- Racing.info sold for 480 USD on 2015-03-03 at Flippa, vs 18,000 USD on 2011-01-08 at Sedo. Ouch! Racing.com sold for a estimated “at least half a million dollars”, so that makes the .info/.com ratio for this name at 0.093%.
- Lethargy.com sold for 1,569 USD recently at NameJet, vs 3,401 USD on 2006-05-02 at SnapNames.
- 6474.com sold for 7,701 USD recently at NameJet, vs 8,100 USD on 2014-11-07 at GoDaddy. Everyone knows numerics are hot, but that doesn’t mean you can blindly keep bidding up domains at an auction and expect to flip it 3 months later for a profit. This is over a $1,500 loss, assuming 15% commissions at NameJet.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.