Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Whisky.com for $3,100,000
- Great sale by the Castello brothers, and an excellent background story is written here. Picked up by the owner of Whisky.de. “Whisky.com is a small company in the heart of Bavaria, Germany and we are dedicated to premium whisky and whiskey.” Alexa rank near 600,000.
- The alternative spelling — Whiskey.com — was put up for sale at Flippa recently, bidding got up to $170,000 without selling, and the seller was asking for a little over $1.2 million in the post-auction negotiations.
2. Youxi.com for $2,430,000
- “Games” in Chinese. Traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 80,000. Picked up by Gamewave Group Limited, “China’s largest web game provider and is also the leader of the Chinese web game industry and the professional provider of interactive entertainment services”.
3. FootMarseille.com for $34,250
- A French language soccer site, with an Alexa rank near 130,000.
4. Bonus.ca for $26,250
- No site resolves.
5. eCoupon.com for $23,388
- No site resolves. Whois lists “TELECOM CHINA LTD” as the owner.
6. TeamShirt.com for $23,000
- No site resolves. Picked up by the folks behind the developed Spreadshirt.com, which offers custom shirts and clothing. They also picked up the plural — TeamShirts.com — for $89,000 a few weeks before this purchase.
7. LaughOutLoud.com for $20,800
- Parked domain, with the owner under privacy protection.
8. Amame.com for $20,550
- No site resolves, and the owner is under privacy protection.
9. AnimalRescue.com for $20,400
- The home of the Animal Rescue Association, Inc. Alexa rank near 18 million.
10. SpeakLanguages.com for $20,000
- An upgrade from SpeakLanguages.co.uk. “The aim of Speak Languages! is to provide high quality materials for adults who wish to learn a foreign language online.”