I thought I would have a little fun and plug in the addresses of some domain bloggers into Google map and see what came up. I used the addresses in the whois of their blog’s domain. Everyone handles their privacy a little different. Some have PO boxes, some have their homes, some have whois privacy on all their domains. What got me to thinking about this is the fact that a few hundred of my domains still have my home address listed and I need to change it. I have my home on some, some under my business in Florida, some under my wife, and some under my Illinois company and under 6 or 7 email addresses. That way nobody can use DomainTools.com and find out all of my domain and track what I’m buying and selling. Here are the photos that come up when I put in the WhoIS data. And yes, they are probably not really the place where they pick up their mail because I’m not sure Google has any idea where a PO Box is located but it was still fun to look. Here they are.
1. Is this the Headquarters of Most Wanted Domains? Google Maps says it is.
2. Hybrid Domainer Headquarters
3. The DomainGang Mail Pickup?
4. Austin is Beautiful and Domain Name Wire MAY call this place headquarters
5. Google Maps would have you think I live in a mansion. It’s amazing what nice landscaping can do to the scale of a house. I’m very happy how the patio and pond turned out from the view of 20 miles in the sky. This is where the DomainShane magic happens.
6. And my personal favorite….Mike Cohen and Wanna Develop. This is what comes up when you type in the address of his Who Is. Looks lovely.