Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- DesignGraphics.com sold for 3,999 USD on 2015-03-11 at Flippa, vs 779 USD on 2015-02-03 at NameJet. Another quick flip with an acquisition at one marketplace and a sale at Flippa, following in the footsteps of Keyboards.net, which was acquired at GoDaddy and then successfully sold for a profit at Flippa.
- Trybe.com sold recently for 11,000 USD at Sedo, vs 7,000 USD on 2011-03-11 at Sedo. An upgrade domain for more sites than I expected.
- Similans.net sold for 3,152 USD on 2015-03-12 at Sedo, vs 155 USD on 2014-11-19 at GoDaddy. Don’t know what Similans are? Join the club. The site that’s live talks about the Similan Island State Park.
- CommodityIndex.com sold for 1,100 USD on 2015-03-06 at NameJet, vs 306 USD on 2014-11-18 at NameJet.
- SMS.io sold for 7,500 USD on 2015-03-12 at Flippa, vs 1,470 USD on 2007-12-29 at Sedo. The success of .io domains on Flippa continues…..following on PHP.io and SEO.io. If you’re struggling to find .io domains, this might help.
- FairfieldRealEstate.com sold recently for 2,000 USD atFlippa, vs 2,544 USD on 2013-04-17 at namejet.com. Over a 20% loss after commissions.
- Negatives.com sold for 3,000 USD on 2015-03-06 at NameJet, vs 3,200 USD on 2014-10-24 at NameJet.com.
- Steal.net sold for 860 USD on 2015-03-06 at NameJet, vs 2,300 USD on 2011-01-07 at Sedo. Nearly a 70% loss after commissions.
- Loves.net sold for 1,250 USD on 2015-03-09 at GoDaddy, vs 1,407 USD on 2006-03-13 at SnapNames. No love for the .net domains these days….
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.