- Keyboards.net sold for $4,500 USD recently at Flippa, vs $1,001 USD on a few weeks earlier at GoDaddy. This is an interesting one to see a tech-related domain being picked up and then immediately flipped for over 4x to the historically techie crowd at Flippa. Last week I talked about a similar attempt with Matinee.com, but that didn’t go nearly as well as Keyboards.net.
- FOJ.com sold for $11,200 USD recently at NameJet, vs $4,500 USD on 2005-03-24 at Afternic.
- 6un.com sold for $999 USD recently at NameJet, vs $449 USD on 2008-08-16 at Sedo. As far as CCC.com domains go, this is a relatively small profit for a 6 year hold.
- Satisfying.com sold for $3,500 USD recently at Flippa, vs $2,139 USD on 2014-06-11 at NameJet. A nearly 50% profit in less than a year is pretty satisfying.
- NaturalSkin.com sold for $7,700 USD recently at Sedo, vs $4,250 USD on 2013-01-06 at Afternic. Screenshot below.
- Faru.com sold for $3,900 USD recently at NameJet, vs $4,199 USD last year at NameJet. Assuming 15% commissions, that’s nearly a $900 loss on this CVCV.
- Zoops.com sold for $1,525 USD recently at GoDaddy, vs $1,725 USD on 2014-02-24 at GoDaddy.
- Hairsprays.com sold for $2,075 USD recently at NameJet, vs $3,000 USD on 2011-06-25 at Sedo. The poor product domains are getting abandoned by domain investors in favor of brandables.
- MIB.net sold for $1,000 USD recently at NameJet, vs $4,045 USD on 2013-07-08 at Afternic. Product domains are getting abandoned in favor of brandables, and .net’s continue to get abandoned for .com’s.
- Rigs.net sold for $351 USD recently at NameJet, vs $1,850 USD on 2008-02-28 at Sedo. Example #2 for the .net’s.
- Kut.net sold for $510 USD recently at NameJet, vs $1,602 USD on 2006-04-11 at SnapNames. Example #3 for the .net’s, and I could probably keep going……
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.