Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- PX.com sold for a cool million (“plus additional consideration“) on 2015-09-06 via MediaOptions, vs 120,000 USD on 2007-04-25 at Moniker. Yeah, yeah, I know there were other transactions in between the two listed here, but it’s interesting to see the value increase…..in gross dollars, it’s absolutely incredible. Picked up by ReviMedia, a lead-gen company, and you can see their placeholder to the right.
- DailyDollar.com sold for 3,433 USD on 2015-09-04 at NameJet, 2,201 USD on 2012-08-06 at NameJet. And after Media Options sold PX.com, they spent 0.34% of that sale on this domain.
- UTT.com sold for 21,500 USD on 2015-09-04 at Sedo, vs 8,600 USD on 2011-11-02 at NameJet. Acquired by an individual in China, and sold in last month’s Sedo Great Domains auction.
- BuzzLeak.com sold for 1,500 USD on 2015-09-09 at Flippa, vs 255 USD on 2014-05-08 at GoDaddy. The owner is under privacy protection, but you can see the news site they’ve started developing below.
- Property.mobi sold for 220 USD on 2015-09-05 at NameJet, vs 26,000 USD on 2008-03-25 at Moniker. Woohoo! Not a complete loss! Only 99%…… Picked up by an individual in London who appears to be a domainer, as Whois shows them owning another 700+ domains.
- BankruptcyInstitute.com sold for 120 USD on 2015-09-10 at GoDaddy, vs 2,150 USD on 2009-04-28 at Afternic. This one is giving Property.mobi a run for its money….a nearly 95% loss here.
- Londone.com sold for 247 USD on 2015-09-06 at GoDaddy, vs 5,000 USD on 2012-10-07 at Afternic. 95% loss here as well.
- Ingot.com sold for 7850 USD on 2015-09-05 at GoDaddy, vs 14,000 USD on 2008-02-06 at Afternic.
- StockValuation.com sold for 1,500 USD on 2015-09-08 at NameJet, vs 3,850 USD on 2014-10-28 at GoDaddy.
- RealClean.com sold for 1,113 USD on 2015-09-10 at GoDaddy, vs 2,500 USD on 2012-09-12 at Sedo.
- BootKnife.com sold for 751 USD on 2015-09-07 at NameJet, vs 1,950 USD on 2012-02-18 at NameJet. These product domains sure aren’t in vogue right now.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.
You can find past Flips and Flops posts here.