Listed below are updates on the top 10 sales from a year ago, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. TV.se sold for $265,149
- The domain was picked up and redirected by the folks behind the developed TV.nu, which has an impressive Alexa rank near 11,000. Per a translation of the Swedish-language site, “Sweden’s most complete TV program. TV Guide to over 200 channels.” This sale followed up on the sale of TV.ae just a couple weeks prior, to an unrelated buyer.
2. IZY.com sold for $40,000
- No site resolves, and the domain is owned by “eBrand Services” of France, per Whois.
3. Putzfrau.de sold for $36,480
- Domain is parked. According to a couple translators, the word in German means cleaning lady, or “charwoman”, which is a new word to me, meaning “a woman employed to clean houses or offices“.
4. BabyCity.com sold for $35,000
- No site resolves. Owned by a Stephen Kwan of California, per Whois.
5. RNR.com sold for $32,500
- Domain is parked; owned by Braden Pollock of Legal Brand Marketing. He’s sitting on a tidy profit should he choose to sell, as he has regularly turned down offers in the high 5-figures.
6. BMGL.com sold for $25,000
- The domain is the new home for Baylor Miraca Genetics Laboratories, which is an entity formerly known as Medical Genetics Laboratories at Baylor College of Medicine. “Baylor College of Medicine and Miraca Holdings Inc., have agreed on a joint venture in which the College will share ownership and governance of its clinical genetics diagnostic laboratories with the Japan-based international healthcare company that has a focus on clinical diagnostics and laboratory tests.” The site has an Alexa rank near 6.3 million.
7. TouchBank.com sold for $17,000
- This Russian-language site is developed not surprisingly as a bank, “Touch Bank – is a convenient online bank with a human face. Our bank can be operated with just one touch.” The site is the traffic leader for the week by a long shot, with an Alexa rank near 37,000.
8. eChecks.com sold for $15,800
- The domain was picked up by check maker Deluxe.com, which is where the domain is redirected. “The latest innovation in payments comes from the leader in the check industry. Deluxe eChecks are paperless checks that feature cutting-edge technology and are the only online payment solution that works for everyone. Discover this smart addition to your traditional checks.”
9. Sugar.net sold for $15,000
- No site resolves; controlled by domain management firm (among many other things) CSC Global.
10. HEG.es sold for $14,820
- No site resolves.