Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Fix.com for $850,000
- I expected more of a commercial use, but a general interest type of blog is live, with articles about things like how to pick apples, or green pest management. The domain is under privacy protection, but they do list their authors. Alexa rank near 250,000. “We are Fix.com, a lifestyle blog devoted to bringing you expert content to make your life easier. We’ll cover everything in and around your home, like landscaping, gardening, outdoor activities, home maintenance and repairs. From products to projects, we’ll be providing you with a daily fix of content from our experienced and knowledgeable team of writers.”
2. Sandwich.com for $137,500
- The domain is parked, and per Whois, is owned by Seyed Ali Mirabolghasemi of Ontario. Based on the domains they own, I’m going to guess it’s a domainer……they have 200 other domains with no immediately apparent theme that ties to sandwiches……IranianDating.com, Biveh.com, CanadaNanny.com, etc.
3. 1001.com for $100,000
- Just a simple lander is below, but if you dig into their site a little deeper, it appears a games site is on the way. They have three different games currently available on Google Play. Alexa rank near 250,000.
4. Pizza.es for $48,300
- Forwards to Takeaway.com, “Takeaway.com is one of the world’s largest food-ordering websites. Since the inception of our company in 2000, we have become market leaders of online food ordering in both the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.” They also appear to own Pizza.lu, Pizza.be and Pizza.fr.
5. HealthAdvisor.com for $40,000
- “An online community that empowers you to take charge of your health and explore the physical, nutritional & emotional aspects that impact your life.” Alexa rank just under a million. Whois shows it’s owned by a Sara Kavana, of Aventura, Florida.
6. ContractControl.com for $24,479
- A simple under construction page is live. Owned by an individual in Amsterdam.
7. ChinaTextile.com for $22,750
- Parked, owned by a Bill King, with a China address.
7. SouthernWeb.com for $13,750
- An upgrade from SouthernWebGroup.com. Traffic leader for the week, with an Alexa rank near 125,000. “Since 2004, Southern Web has consistently strived to provide high quality, custom website design and development services.”
9. PostAJob.com for $13,500
- No site resolves, owner under privacy protection.
10. GiveFlowers.com for $12,000
- Parked domain. Owned by Lonnie Borck of B52 Media, per Whois.
10. VPower.com for $12,000
- No site resolves, and the owner is under privacy protection.