I’ve learned so many things over the last few days but I can narrow it down to ten things
- The aftermarket is absolutely not being effected because the big buyers continue to buy. Prices are still much higher than last year and will most likely look cheap when we look back next year. Big money still has big money. Because they were invested in themselves, not the stock market. They didn’t tank. I don’t know Huge Domains business, but pretty sure the didn’t lose 20% value of their company last week.
- Our readers are buying less if you use our commissions to judge. It’s only a few day sample but noticeable difference in traffic to this site and the commissions last week. Unfortunately we represent a very small percentage of the market
- People are fucking idiots. The toilet paper and run on food was ridiculous and unnecessary. Sure take an extra few weeks of stuff but not years worth. The IQ to toilet paper purchase were inverse.
- There is no bigger obstacle to calm than uncertainty
- 2 Covid tests per person above 10 years old would end everything. We would know who was sick and who wasn’t and move on with normal life. We have no idea who is sick and who isn’t and its going to cause so much more sickness than necessary
- People think they are smarter than they are. So tired of people telling me what is going to happen and what to do. If you really knew you’d have an extra 10 million in your bank account when this is over. Put options on SPX at super out of the money strikes would have paid 100 to 1. If they aren’t smart enough learn now to buy puts they’re not smart enough to calculate the path of a pandemic correctly.
- People with plenty of money and jobs that can work remotely don’t truly understand the financial impact this has on people that live paycheck to paycheck. The person that is sent home because the hotel is barely booked does not have a way to make rent. To us it’s disruption to others its dire straights
- I don’t think people understand the closings and staying home is only to help the healthcare system handle the numbers and buy time while tests are being made. It will lead to less sickness only because of the increase in testing kits. Sickness will continue as it slowly gets everyone, but will be spread out over years with hopes that vaccines and cures get here before that happens.
- I think the hold on sales of six figure domains is temporary. Again back to uncertainty. The quicker a company or buyer can figure out where they stand financially and outlook, the better chance they will get a deal because sellers need cashflow. Play the Corona Card
- The emotional drain of the week took its toll on a lot of people. Flu and general sickness set in pretty good this week because of all the closings and disruption. It wasn’t Corona it was stress. Anxiety is just as destructive as any disease.
Domain of the Day: SelfQuarantine.com The owner is striking while the iron is hot. Couldn’t have found a better time to sell
Quote of the Day: “The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word ‘crisis.’ One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger–but recognize the opportunity.” ― John F. Kennedy
Park.io Names at Auction or Dropping
Skyrocket.io in flight, afternoon delight
JD.to You don’t see many two letter dot to come up very often
Oktoberfest.io It’s how you really spell it. Billions of results on Google
Snooze.ly Sleep names can sell for a lot of money. Ask Kate Buckley
Fast.gg Big block of good .gg coming up. This is one of the better ones
Namejet and Sedo & More Domains at Auction
JD.to Don’t see a lot of two letter .to come through
Stairs.org Could represent climbing higher in life or business or just stairs you climb
Eurox.com It’s an ETF name and a pretty cool brand
Alpino.com The name for the Italian elite mountain force. Their version of the SEAL team
HBMedia.com Media names always seem to sell well at auction . 1997 birthday. Registered in 23 other extensions
RainbowDigital.com Kind of the same thing here. 13 other solutions
24P.com I think reserve is low enough this could get sold
CleanLand.com This is a term we use for farmland that had cows and horses instead of crops that had chemicals sprayed on them. Could be used for so many things
FeverHouse.com A new nightclub that only people with Corona can come in. They all already have it so its safe
3Lions.com I realize people are going to want ThreeLions but a lot of companies have gone with the 3 spelling. Upgrade for them
Godaddy Domains With Bids
BloomSquad.com I like it because of flowers, Braden likes it for law
AppleCreek.com Love these kind of brands. Already people using it but if they don’t they should have
ALR.net Nice letters. Good hold of value. Not great, good
Canvaas.com Brand site is going to take this
BuyBoats.com The most bids for a name that doesn’t have history and backlinks
RemoteCoaching.com I own remotecoach.com Do I buy this to go with or just go with what I think is a better name?
867555.com Another one of those triple repeating 6Ns that seem to do so well
BeeConnect.com should have remained quiet about all my bee name sales
Frazy.com Nice little 5L.com. And I think most would spell FRAY-ZEE this way
GreenRich.com Naturally rich
VapeTown.com Going to be a ton of classy people in this town
SuperSolution.com 1994 birthday. Would like to have an S on the end
LMTI.com I for International
Zazzer.com Nobody is using this for anything purposeful even though there is 1 million results. All yours bro
PremiumEducation.com All Universities are at a premium cost
Godaddy Names With One or No Bids
The Rest of the Godaddy Names With Bids
Have a name at auction and need more exposure? Send me an email. We Charge $10 per name per day. We may be able to help. If you have an auction you want to promote, email us for details.*All names chosen by us, Shane and Josh . (ie you click through and purchase a name you like) or an occasional paid listing. Everything we say is based on our own research or is opinion. Do your own due diligence. That means look it up yourself if you don’t think the stats or our opinion is correct. We hand choose the names but we are paid to make this list by both the auction houses, individuals that are auctioning names, and Godaddy affiliate links. Keep that in mind and only buy names that YOU think are good.