Listed below are updates on the top 10 domain sales from a year ago, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. HomeCare.com sold for $350,000
- We discussed this one recently when we looked back at what’s happening with last year’s NamesCon auction sales. This domain sold before the live auction, and the site describes itself as, “the best way to find a caregiver. Our team of Care Advisors helps you find, interview, and hire professional caregivers at a great price.” Although the domain is under privacy protection, Mark Walthrap, the CEO, has a public profile at this LinkedIn link, and has experience at Weather.com, AOL, and SeniorLiving.net. Alexa rank of 2.3 million.
2. Spanien.se sold for $60,000
- This translates as “Spain” in Swedish, and that is what the site is all about. Per Google Translate, “Spanien.se is a natural starting point for those who plan to travel to one of the Swedes definitely popular destinations – Spain! You can easily search your trip whether you should book a charter flight or a hotel.“
3. SE.se sold for $52,000
- Domain is parked.
4. SuperSeats.com sold for $48,888
- The site is a ticket provider for sports, concert and theater tickets, and it has an Alexa rank near 1.7 million. “Other websites take advantage of fans with services fees up to 30%. Super Seats has the exact same tickets, for so much less! Compare and see for yourself.”
5. WebShops.nl sold for $39,279
- Domain is parked.
6. RBU.com sold for $27,500
- Domain is parked, owned by an individual in China.
7. SD.se sold for $24,000
- The domain is the home of the democratic party of Sweden, and the site is the traffic leader of the week, with its Alexa rank near 220,000.
8. 2009.com sold for $22,500
- What is live appears to be a Chinese language parked page.
9. PJT.com sold for $19,799
- This was a heck of a pick-up for an end user, as the domain would sell for 3 times this price today, and that’s the wholesale price. PJT.com is the home for P. Johnson Tailors, and the domain is an upgrade from PJohnson.com.au. “We believe it should be better. We enjoy helping men dress better. It is what gets us up in the morning. It is about the best possible result for every client, and we are all so different, none of us are perfect. If we were perfect we would all be walking around naked.” Alexa rank of 1.2 million.
10. Nachos.com sold for $18,051
- This one just sold again last week at the NamesCon auction for $33,000, and was discussed here as a profitable flip. The domain also sold for $10k back in 2008. The domain is currently parked.