Below is another look at a few recent domain flips and flops, with data courtesy of NameBio.
- 7610.com sold recently for 12,601 USD at NameJet, vs 200 USD on 2005-08-31 at Afternic. Assuming 15% commissions, that’s about a 53x return. If I could go back in time, I’d be sure to buy a few numerics like this for a couple hundred dollars.
- Agro.net sold recently for 6,208 USD at Sedo, vs 500 USD on 2013-01-10 at GoDaddy.
- Wuah.com sold recently for 2,500 USD at Flippa, vs 571 USD last month at GoDaddy. Another purchase at one platform, and a flip shortly thereafter at Flippa, following in the footsteps of DesignGraphics.com and Keyboards.net.
- Degree.me sold recently for 11,500 USD at Domaining.me, vs 3,650 USD on 2010-12-29 at Sedo. You can see the education marketing site below.
- Exb.com sold recently for 15,000 USD at Sedo, vs 25,000 USD on 2013-07-01 at Afternic. The domain was owned by Tibanne.com, who we discussed previously as the buyer of OPS.com and Outbreak.com. They were also the owner of the bitcoin exchange Mt Gox, so that may have led to a need for cash.
- Ect.net sold recently for 830 USD at GoDaddy, vs 7,500 USD on 2013-08-05 at Sedo.
- SurroundSoundSpeakers.com sold recently for 254 USD at NameJet, vs 986 USD on 2012-09-25 at NameJet. Long domain names have lost value over the last couple years, seemingly regardless of the keywords.
- MortgageCompany.org sold recently for 235 USD at NameJet, vs 3,758 USD on 2007-12-05 at T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
- Nonos.com sold recently for 918 USD at GoDaddy, vs 2,000 USD on 2013-05-20 at Afternic. Buying high and selling low…..that’s a no-no.
Note: I didn’t do an exhaustive search of the ownership history of each domain. There are likely cases where there were multiple owners between the sales prices I list.