Handful of CCC.com
- Including both LLN.com and LNL.com.
- Bought at a price to profitably flip in the near term, even though I’m a believer in solid price appreciation over the long term.
- Purchased from a seller who has steadily been selling CCC.com domains to me over the past couple years; he prices them reasonably, and I pay quickly without haggling….it’s a win-win.
- Popular golf term, a first or last name or nickname, and business name.
- Previously developed as a golf tee time reservation site, with a screenshot below, courtesy of Archive.org.
- 10,000 searches per month, per Estibot.
- Lots of uses: they’re mined for industry and human diets, a type of water, the name of several towns, etc.
- Many existing companies have the term in their business name, such as resource company Minerals Technology with its $1.7 billion market cap.
- The term is also generic enough that it’s used in unrelated business names, such as MineralTree, an accounts payable software startup that has raised over $20 million in funding.
- 40,000 searches per month, per Estibot.
- I have already had some interesting acquisition inquiries; someone told me recently I’m a fool for not selling it to them at a nice gain over my acquisition price, while another informed me the domain “without an ‘s’ has limited or no use in business. The word itself is just too bland to inspire excitement“. They’ve been kind enough to share this with me free of charge! 🙂
You’re welcome to share some of your recent acquisitions below, or offer up constructive comments/opinions on mine.